Uruguay Montevideo Mission

Uruguay Montevideo Mission
The Plaza Independencia where the employment office is located

La Paz

We spoke in La Paz Ward today.  Jerry said I gave my talk the best today.  That is a high compliment, coming from the master speaker in the family.  I read most of it, but I tried to add expression and look up as much as I could. 

They didn't have a pianist, so I offered to play the piano right before the meeting.  The bishopric was very excited about the idea.  The music director had a gorgeous soprano voice.  It was a great experience.  Jerry's talk was amazing, as usual.  He had every eye on him the whole time. 

After the meeting, there was such a great spirit!!  People came up to us and thanked us.  One young woman volunteered to help us, which is an answer to prayers.  The spirit was strong and we didn't want to leave.   We are very blessed to be able to know these wonderful people.

This week, I read a synopsis of David A. Bednar's talk at BYU Women's Conference.  The title of the conference was "By Small and Simple Things are Great Things Brought to Pass."  Elder Bednar gave the closing talk.  Here's the link.

http://lds.org/church/news/elder-david-a-bednar-teaches-about-the-spiritual-pattern-of-small-and-simple-things?lang=eng

At times, I think what we are doing is not really missionary work.  It's different than what traditional missionary work is.  We are not out teaching the gospel and making contacts all day, but what we are doing is helping people in their hour of need and desperation.  A smile, some help with a resume, some words of support and some ideas of how to proceed,  go a long way in calming their hearts at a difficult time.   I was feeling like this wasn't enough.  There are so many problems here.  What could I do to make a big difference?  This talk was what I needed.  I hope it helps you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment