Uruguay Montevideo Mission

Uruguay Montevideo Mission
The Plaza Independencia where the employment office is located

Mirta, Pelusa and Betty

Mirta and Pelusa, her aunt, came to church today, and went to all three meetings. They enjoyed it, but it was a long time for them to sit. I hope they will come next week too. Thank you for your prayers. Here is a picture of us in the lobby of our building, as the taxi was pulling up.





I am wearing the beautiful scarf they gave me for my birthday and Christmas. I got lots of compliments on it, in front of them. That was my idea. Our ward was so friendly to them! I am grateful to be in a ward that welcomes everyone. How wonderful it is to see a ward embrace and encourage new members and investigators. There were 5 investigators at church today and a one-week old member, Diego.

Diego is in his late 20's. He wanted to hear more about the church because he has a friend who is a member. He took the discussions and was baptized last Sunday. He received the Aaronic Priestood today. He came to church in a suit and tie and looked like a returned missionary on the way to being a stake president. He is a very impressive tall, handsome young man. The father of the friend (a girl) baptized and confirmed him. His future looks bright.


Changing the subject, Mirta and I go to the feria on Saturday mornings about 10:30. Yesterday, she looked so summery and stylish with her sun hat, I had to take a picture or two. She is a good friend and I will miss her dearly.




3 comments:

courtney said...

It is always hard to say goodbye to good friends, I am excited to have you home but I am sad that you have to leave behind so many good people!

Betty Heath said...

It's so true. I tear up everytime I think about it, which is at least once or twice a day. I will be okay once we get to the United Staes.

Rachel said...

That is wonderful! I also read your post announcing her baptism (that's so amazing) but again the post is showing up in google reader but not on your blog. I love the pictures. When do you guys come home?

Post a Comment